PRIVACY NOTICE for this EPSCO GLOBAL WEB SITE AS OF 15 NOVEMBER 2010
In general, you may visit this Web site without providing any personal information to us. If you choose to provide information voluntarily, we will use that information in accordance with our data privacy principles and notice for individuals.
What your personal information is
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What sensitive information is
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual preferences or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability (at any time);
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
In accordance with other laws such as Anti-Discrimination, we will only seek to collect sensitive information (for example health information or information about your racial or ethnic origin or any criminal record), if in our view it is necessary for our business purposes, and for the inherent requirements of the position.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by EPSCO for its own use, to assist EPSCO in determining suitability for placements.
EPSCO’S GLOBAL DATA PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
EPSCO has long recognized the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal and sensitive information of our employees, candidates, clients, vendors and partners. The nature of our business requires us to collect and handle such information, and we have a responsibility to protect this information for as long as it is in our possession. At EPSCO, respecting our employees, candidates, clients, vendors and partners is a part of our core values, along with being committed to providing services in an ethical manner.
To support these obligations, EPSCO has created a set of global data privacy principles, which guide our efforts as they relate to privacy and the handling and protection of personal and sensitive information.
We respect your privacy by:
- Offering privacy notices that explain how and why we handle personal information.
- Respecting your choices about our collection, use and sharing of information, where appropriate.
- Collecting, using and retaining only personal information that is relevant and useful to our business interactions.
- Using reasonable efforts to keep personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- Using safeguards to protect personal information.
- Limiting access to and disclosure of personal information.
- Retaining only the personal information that is needed to fill our legal and business obligations.
- Offering you the ability to view and update your personal information, where appropriate.
- Providing you with an opportunity to ask questions and register complaints about privacy.
For more information on our privacy practices for individuals, please see the following notice:
DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR INDIVIDUALS at this EPSCO GLOBAL WEB SITE
EPSCO cares about the privacy of our applicants, employees and clients. This notice contains information about how we handle your personal information. We collect and process your personal information for the following purposes where necessary:
- to maintain our contractual or business relationship with you,
- for employment-related services where applicable,
- to tell you about the products and services we offer,
- to contact and correspond with you,
- for the management and defense of legal claims and actions, compliance with court orders and other legal obligations and regulatory requirements, and as otherwise permitted by law.
EPSCO may disclose your personal information for these purposes to other EPSCO entities, affiliates, suppliers, subcontractors who perform services on our behalf, clients if you are seeking employment, an acquiring organization if EPSCO is involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business, and where we are otherwise required to do so, such as by court order.
EPSCO collects, processes and discloses sensitive personal information only if required to comply with legal obligations or if there is a compelling business reason to do so, or with your consent.
If you would like more information about EPSCO’s privacy practices, please contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Via P. Colletta, 31 – Milan (Italy)
WEBSITE PRACTICES NOTICE for this EPSCO GLOBAL WEB SITE
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
Non-Identifiable Information – Like many other Web sites, this Web site automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding Web site users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Web site, the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to the Web site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web site you visit, the Web site pages accessed and information viewed, and the materials you post to or download from the Web site. This non-identifiable information is used for Web sites and system administration purposes and to improve the Web site. Your non-identifiable information may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use.
Cookies – This Web site uses “cookies”, a technology that installs information on a Web site user’s computer to permit the Web site to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web site. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Web site, to track your activity at the Web site in order to respond to your needs, to offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, to automatically populate online forms with your personal information for your convenience, and to otherwise facilitate your Web site experience.
Advertisements displayed on the Web site may also contain cookies or other technologies. Those advertisements may be provided by third party advertising companies, and EPSCO does not have any control over, or any responsibility or liability for, the cookies or other technologies used in the advertisements or for use and disclosure of information collected through advertisement cookies.
You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of this Web site and your ability to access or use certain Web site features.
Tracking Information – EPSCO may use non-personal information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding Web site user demographics and the use of this Web site, and then provide those reports to others. None of the tracking information in the reports is connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users.
How your information will be collected
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you.
Your information will be used.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- performance appraisals, personal improvement and training initiatives and selection purposes;
- the performance of our master vendor relationships, on-site management services and outsourcing arrangements;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- any workplace rehabilitation;
- our management of any business risks, investigation, resolution and defence of complaints and legal claims, compliance with court orders and other legal obligations and regulatory requirements;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- to tell you about other services that we may provide.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to…
- potential and actual employers and clients of EPSCO to whom we provide services;
- other member organizations of the EPSCO group;
- our insurers;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors, suppliers, sub-contractors and vendors whom perform services on our behalf;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Transfer of Personal Information
Your personal information may be transferred outside of Italy. In each case, EPSCO has taken steps to ensure that all information transferred receives an adequate level of data protection.
If you do not give us the information we seek
- we may not be able to effectively process the information you provide to us;
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, please contact the Data Privacy Officer using the details provided. In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
Storage and Security
We will store your personal information for a reasonable period of time necessary for us to provide services to you.
At any time at your request, we will destroy your personal information. We will do this for any lawful request.
We will keep your information in a secure environment.
Security – EPSCO works to keep our servers, applications and databases secure and free from unauthorized access and use, by using physical, administrative and technological measure to protect the information we maintain. Unfortunately, no one can guarantee 100% security. If you have particular security concerns about certain personal information, please do not transmit that information over the Internet.
Other Web sites – This Web site may contain links to other Web sites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Web site or Internet resource that may collect information about you voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. EPSCO has no responsibility, liability for, or control over those other Web sites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of those other Web sites and Internet resources to understand how they collect and use information.
Privacy Notice Changes – EPSCO may change, supplement or amend this Notice as it relates to your future use of this Web site from time to time, for any reason, by posting a revised Notice on this Web site. This notice was last updated on 15 November 2010